this is where i hideout <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5825763?origin\x3dhttp://matthutchings.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

uber mich:

name: matt hutchings
alter: 26
position: yellowknife, nt
besetzung: musician


matty

(my music is here)

Blogs I Read

  • Simon
  • Cameron
  • Ev(an)
  • Dana Barrand
  • Tansley

  • Music I Dig

  • Bella
  • Immaculate Machine
  • Sean Wesley Wood
  • Love and Mathematics
  • Skort
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Belle and Sebastian
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Destroyer
  • The New Pornographers

  • Alternative Media

  • Democracy Now!
  • The Independent
  • Rabble.ca
  • Guardian Unlimited

    Links

  • homestarrunner

    Archives

  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
  • 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
  • 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
  • 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

  • matty @ myspace

    Powered by Blogger

    Thursday, September 18, 2003

    Tonite I went out for a wonderful dinner at the Keg with some good friends. It was strange to talk to these people that I love so much knowing that soon I may not see them again for a long time. I hate how we've grown apart over the last few years and how I'm not sure that they even know me anymore. After dinner we went to see Bruce Almighty. As much as I hate going to movies with people I'd rather talk with, it was a great movie. There were a few parts in there that really got me thinking.

    First, there was a dialogue between Bruce and God where Bruce asked God how he made so many people love Him without affecting free will.
    Second, there was a part where God told Bruce that most people's problem is that they keep looking up.
    Third, there was a part near the end where God asked Bruce to say a prayer. So he said something about world peace and ending the hunger. God asked him to pray about something he cared about. He said the most beautiful prayer for his girlfriend and it just struck me what prayer really is.

    This all melded together in my brain to form thoughts about how maybe it's not so much about God. And then I started to flip it around and think about how maybe it's not so much about people. What is our purpose? To praise and honor the Creator of the Universe. Not to have Him give us what we want. Not for God to look after our every need. (although He does) But to be a companion to the Lord of all Creation. He created us in His own image for us to be His friends.

    But how can we reach Him? He's so huge. So far away it seems sometimes. Then I started to realize that it might just be through people. I know it seems so obvious, but it never hit me before. So the movie was right in a way, it's not all about God. God works through people. We can show love to God by loving people.

    I know this is going to spark a huge change in me. I have been feeling this way for awhile. Looking at the little picture instead of the big one. Doing small things for people that will brighten their day. Showing them the love of Christ. I just pray that focus won't be lost. That the vision won't die and dreams won't fade. I hope He keeps reminding me....

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home