I had an interesting day today. All day I was thinking about contentment. I came to the conclusion that when my co-worker goes back to school in January, I would offer the boss this idea: to not replace him but let me do twice the work for an increase in wages. This I figured would benefit both of us and therefore saw no reason for him to refuse it. And so for the rest of the day I was fairly happy to just wash cars, perfectly content to stay where I was until further notice from the Guy upstairs.
Then I went to Wal-Mart to get some deodorant, shampoo and a roll of film to take some pictures of my surroundings for all the people back home to see. I rode the skytrain back to Brentwood and decided to stop by the food court for dinner. It ended up that I sat there for quite some time reading the book I've lately been trying to get thru. Then, walking out the door thinking there must be a mailbox somewhere (for I had some mail to drop off), I turned the corner and there one was! "I was hoping I'd find one of these!" I exclaimed to the elderly gentleman who was also dropping off mail. "You've found what you're looking for then," he said, "not everyone does." In that instant I realized that I am indeed a lucky man. I had found the mailbox that had eluded me over the last couple days. How we take for granted the small things in life!
Upon arrival at 5710 Hardwick street, the second door in from the left side of the house, I headed over to check the phone calls for today. There was a number on the phone from the Executive Hotel and Suites, which is a nice sized hotel only a few blocks away from my residence. I had submitted a resume there back in September and with a phone call on my part learned that they were hiring for the position of bellman.
Who knows if anything will come of that phone call (I had to leave a message) but it just goes to show that once you learn to be content with one particular situation, another usually arises to disrupt that contentment. Sometimes those disruptions are welcomed though with open arms.

Post a Comment
<< Home