Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. I am floored with how much of God I neglect. Sure I say I want to be a Christian; I believe in Jesus; I do devotions every now and then. I was convicted tonite that I do not spend enough time getting to know God. I don't spend enough time alone in prayer and I don't spend enough time alone with the Word. I am too busy. Too busy for God. I hate that I put Him on the shelf when I go to work. I hate that I put Him on the shelf whenever I do anything really. Why can't He be involved? Isn't that what's supposed to happen? Pray continuously. In other words, be in constant communication with the Lord God. Constant. That's an interesting word. I think it means all the time. Even while I'm at work. Communication. That's an interesting word as well. I think communication implies at least a two-way transfer of information. Speaking as well as listening. I usually omit the latter. It doesn't do much good to pray if I can't hear the answer. Talk about an exercise in futility. But it shouldn't be. And it isn't; I guess I just need some practice, and maybe a little dedication too.

Post a Comment
<< Home