So, apparently I've started a debate without intending to. If you read the comments under my last post, you'll find two different opinions on the movie, Fahrenheit 9/11. One anonymous commenter seems to think that the movie was filled with lies. I on the other hand, think that the American government is full of lies. So I'd like to hear what you think. The floor is open people. According to an article I was told to read, the author, and I'm assuming the commenter, thinks that Michael Moore's film is a "conscientious work of patriotic dissent, or the cynical propaganda of a man who gives wartime aid to Americas murderous enemies, and who accepts their aid in return." I think it's humorous that anyone would call America's enemies murderous, when America is the country that thinks it can muscle it's way in to any other country, destroy cities, kill innocent people, and do in all in the name of "the war on terror" and "democracy". Even if the movie has lies in it, isn't it trying to make America a better place? It's only healthy for the citizens of a country to critique their leaders. Isn't that what Democracy is all about? Besides, it's a political move, obviously, right before the federal election. And I'd say it was a damn good one, on Mr. Moore's part. He's offering people a freedom from the terror that Bush created in America, the fear of terror that is terror in itself. Maybe I'm completely off my rocker, and this may very well be, but it's my blog and I'll say what I want in it. But please, comment if you have something to say.

http://67.19.19.67/images/uploads/toon5.jpg
7:40 p.m.
http://www.immigrantsforamerica.com/images/can.you.hear.me.now.bush.to.saddam.jpg
http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill/bush.jpg
http://www.marless.de/welt/welt_biller/bush.jpg
what an idiot.
11:55 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home