Well instead of spending my Saturday in the park, as it is supposed to be spent, I spent it traveling around this big city doing errands. Though, some errands turned out to be extremely beneficial. First of all, I went by the shop (work) and got the boys to teach me how to change my brake pads. So I did that, and attempted to service my rear brakes, but the drums were all rusted on there and we couldn't get them off right then. I'm going to bring it in again next week so we can spend a bit more time. I kind of enjoyed getting my hands dirty, and it saved me a lot of money.
Then I borrowed the parts van and went to Coquitlam to pick up a free barbeque. My boss said that he had an extra one sitting in his backyard unused. So I went and got it. It took an hour or so to clean up, but it works fine. I might need to invest in a new grill, but that's a minor expense compared to the 2-300 bucks it would have cost to buy a new one. Then I headed on over to Canadian Tire and picked up some BBQ accessories.
Then it was off to pick up Amelia for lunch. We ended up going down to Metrotown because it was insanely hot and the mall is air-conditioned. Met up with Cam on his break and that was nice. Then I took her home cause she had to work.
Save-On Foods was my next stop, where I got some hamburger, lettuce and buns....to cook on my barbeque. Wo-hoo! It was tasty. Did some reading in the evening and went to bed around 10pm. Today we have to go into the city to take some photos for the album. Hopefully we'll be able to start recording that tonite. That's all for now.

Post a Comment
<< Home