Well, I've had a shitty couple of days. To start things out, as I was mixing down and backing up files for the Bella album, Windows 98SE decided that it doesn't like hard drives over 64 gigs. So, it tells me my hard drive is full and that there isn't room to save this file. Ok, fair enough. Then the computer freezes. Ok, so I restart, no problem. Wait.....when I restart, my whole freaking drive DISAPPEARS! Yep, it was gone. So I think, "I'll just take it out and plug it back in." No dice. Next, I take the drive over to The Hive Studio to see if it will work on Colin's computer. Alas, he informs me that my computer has erased all of the files. I was quiet for a second, then proceeded to walk outside and yell profanities very loudly. All the recording I'd done for the album was gone, as well as about 20 songs of my own, some not quite finished and never to be heard again. Needless to say Monday was a bad day.
To make matters worse, I have been feeling sick all week. Nothing like a cold to encourage you to upgrade to Windows XP, reinstall everything, get a new version of Cubase to record with, learn how to use it, and start doing everything over again. I'm telling myself that everything happens for a reason. I haven't decided if I believe that or not. Although, I do like WinXP alot better, and also Cubase SX is much nicer to work on. So there have been some benefits. Amelia brought me dinner the last couple nights and that was wonderful. I'm starting to feel better and I just finished recording guitar for 3 songs. The rest will be done tomorrow. Then some vocals, keys and I'm finished. Again.

I feel for ya bro. Hope your week gets better too. Sorry to hear about the car......that sucks. They say everything happens for a reason.....
12:31 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home