This troubles me:
"If there was ever any doubt, the acceptance speech of President George Walker Bush as the presidential candidate of the Republican Party of the U.S.A., excised it when he proudly proclaimed himself God's missionary on earth to bring God's gift of freedom to the world.
"America," said he from an altar-like podium especially constructed for the occasion, "is called to lead the cause of freedom in a new century....freedom is not America's gift. It is the Almighty God's gift." (from rabble.ca)
George thinks that he's delivering God's gift of freedom to the world by charging into foreign countries and ruining their right to self-determination...hmmmm....
Something is wrong with this picture. I don't have a problem with defending your country. Therefore I wouldn't have had a problem with America going into Afghanistan and hunting down the members of Al Qaeda responsible for the 911 attacks. Iraq on the other hand...
I talked to a lady who fled from Iraq a couple years ago. She's living in North Vancouver and runs a bakery. Funny thing is she didn't flee because of Saddam. She said to me that she thinks George Bush and Osama Bin-Laden are working hand in hand. The war, she said, is all about oil, greed and power. She hopes that God will intervene and make everyone get along. Of course this is only one person's opinion. But I found it interesting to get the perspective of someone who actually lived there.

Post a Comment
<< Home