Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to take part in a music conference (put on by the NewMusicWest people) for FREE! I went to a few different seminars, including, "The Future of Home Recording Technology", "Publicity and the Media", "Website and Online Presence", and "A&R Speak Out". They were all fairly informative, I just wish they would have been able to go longer than one hour. Anyway it was cool to sit there and listen to a panel of people who actually work in the music industry talk about things relevant to my "career".
Then, in the evening, we went over to Richards on Richards to attend the Stars CD Release Party. We all wanted to see the first band play, "P:ano", whom we had heard of but never seen live, so we showed up around 7pm. And boy was it worth it. This was their stage setup: There were four members in the band, all sitting on chairs in a weak semi-circle. The guy on the far left played a single floor tom with a dishtowel spread across it, the girl next to him played a half-sized accordian and sometimes banged two pieces of wood together, the girl next to her played an oboe (I think), and a tambourine and some other wierd percussion instruments, and the main dude on the far right played a ukelele which he had plugged in to this tiny amplifier that was miked. Sometimes he stomped on a tambourine as well. They all sang but the guy on the far right was the lead. It was the most quirky and abstract performance I've ever seen. That said, it was amazing. These are some incredibly creative people and I admire them for being able and confident enough to do what they did on stage. At one point they all jumped off the stage and onto the dancefloor and did a dance routine to a song off their album. It was soooo cool. If you ever get a chance to see them, do.
Another band called Gentleman Reg played after them and he was alright.
Stars were great as usual. They played some songs off their new album and I think I'd enjoy it. Definitly entertaining. They are all so talented. And have nice voices. We gave them a Bella cd after the show and they said they'd listen to it on the way home. How nice of them!
That was my day yesterday. Today I made my last bit of food left before I can go grocery shopping on Tuesday (payday). I'm doing laundry, dishes, maybe rake the leaves in the yard and hanging out with Amelia tonight. That is all.

Post a Comment
<< Home