I've decided that I prefer cold/lukewarm ravioli to hot ravioli. I think it has less taste when it's hot, and it burns my mouth. We played a show at the Brickyard last night. It was different to say the least. We didn't really fit in with the other two bands that were playing. They were all punkish with leather jackets and mohawks and such. We had a really kick-ass practice before that show and, well, let's just say I didn't put on such a kick-ass performance. But it was fun anyway.
Today we're going to have a little band BBQ at our place. I hope I don't run out of propane. Oh ya and it's Easter tomorrow. Amelia and I are planning on having pizza and watching Finding Neverland. This is what you do when your family is two provinces away.
Here are my picks for a mixtape that we had to make as a band for a magazine interview:
1. Ozma- Natalie Portman
2. Elevator to Hell- Every Channel
3. Dump- Everlasting Love
4. Transistor Sound and Lighting Co.- The blanket (gives you zen)
5. Yo La Tengo- Little Eyes
I started to remix a song of mine called, "To the Future" today. You might have heard it on my Myspace page. Anyway the one that is up there is the old version. I'll put the new one up as soon as it's done. Eventually I'm going to start a website that will be the new home of this blog, as well as a "musical blog" of sorts. I plan on posting all my new songs on there as they are completed, and making them available for download. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to charge a small fee or not, any suggestions? I don't really care about making money off it, but even to help pay for the site. Anyway, that will probably cost me a bit of cash to get built, so it probably won't happen for awhile.
I suppose I should get back to cleaning the house. Company and all. Fun, fun. Happy Easter everyone!

Ahh photocopied coverart...deadly. We might be coming to Winnipeg to play a show sometime in the future. Say hi to the Transistor dude for me. Is he doing anything musically anymore? Looking forward to the CD dude!
4:00 a.m.
"Although we don't really have much going for us as city lately in terms of music...except the junos...hmmm, let me guess, great big sea, bryan adams, celine dion, and shania twain are going to win something even though they haven't done anything in the past year, or, it could be argued, ever."
LOL! It's comments like this that should make me think twice about drinking juice around my keyboard!
Supposedly there's a concert announcement being made here soon that will make us all forget about U2 choosing not to play here. Given how cheesy our radio stations are, I'm preparing to be underwhelmed!
1:09 p.m.
Well chosen songs ElCapitan! I love Natalie Portman... and also that song... some people like "psychologists" would call my likening to her "unhealty" but I have two words for people like that... ccooommmee oonnnn.
4:40 a.m.
yes i agree rylan, natalie portman and kiera knightley. both cause for psychiatric assesment...good to hear from you!
10:43 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home