this is where i hideout <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5825763?origin\x3dhttp://matthutchings.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

uber mich:

name: matt hutchings
alter: 26
position: yellowknife, nt
besetzung: musician


matty

(my music is here)

Blogs I Read

  • Simon
  • Cameron
  • Ev(an)
  • Dana Barrand
  • Tansley

  • Music I Dig

  • Bella
  • Immaculate Machine
  • Sean Wesley Wood
  • Love and Mathematics
  • Skort
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Belle and Sebastian
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Destroyer
  • The New Pornographers

  • Alternative Media

  • Democracy Now!
  • The Independent
  • Rabble.ca
  • Guardian Unlimited

    Links

  • homestarrunner

    Archives

  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
  • 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
  • 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
  • 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

  • matty @ myspace

    Powered by Blogger

    Wednesday, March 16, 2005

    So I went downtown last night. Everytime I go downtown, if time allows, and I'm hungry, I hit up this little pizza joint on the corner of Pender and Seymour. $1.25 for a slice, and it's damn good. So I get my pizza (green olive and beef), and head to my usual spot at the bar, looking out the window onto Pender Street.

    I take a couple bites then hear the words, "Do you speak French?". I turned to my left and there was a man, speaking to me in a French accent. He was dressed in a newer black fleece jacket, jeans, sneakers and a ball cap.

    I said, "Not really, just what I remember from high school."

    I asked him where he was from and he looked at me a little funny, hesitated, and said, "France.....Morocco.....Italy....." I said that I was living in Coquitlam.

    "Would you like to come with me?" said the man (whose name was Allain).

    "I actually have an appointment to get to...." said I, "but where are you going?"

    "Through the Magical Glass Door!", said Allain. I asked him where it was, to which he replied, "The Shaw Tower, it's a portal you know. There are only two of them on the continent. One is in New York, at the Trump Tower, and the other here in Vancouver."

    "Where does the door lead to?" I asked.

    "To outer space" replied Allain. I was surprised to say the least. By this time he was standing right next to me, quite close and was looking at me strangly. I wasn't sure whether or not he was telling the truth. There was definitly something different about him, but I don't think it was drugs or anything like that.

    I asked him what it was that he did in outer space. "Travel," he said, "explore". "Are you scared?" he asked.

    "Ya, I suppose I'm a little scared."

    "Well you shouldn't be. We're all from outer space you know. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

    "Yes" I replied. "It was nice meeting you Allain but I really must go."

    "Nice meeting you too Matt." (that was an abridged version of the conversation)

    Then I got up from my chair, grabbed my bag, as did he, and made for the door. I saw him on his way out of the restaurant a bit behind me, but I never saw him leave. By that time I was well on my way to the Railway club for an interview with Discorder (UBC campus paper), for the band (which was really fun as well). Had a few too many drinks and went to bed as soon as I got home. Very interesting night.

    2 Comments:
    Blogger matty said...

    Yeppers, true indeed. Believe me, I'm kicking myself now for not going along. I mean the interview was fun, but outer space! How cool is that. Although his version of outer space might have been some back alley where I would have been mugged or raped or something awful like that. Alas, I'm still on the planet.

    2:31 a.m.

     
    Blogger kristin janzen said...

    that is a totally strange conversation! i dont know whether or not i think you should've gone with him... yes and no! i don't you want you to end up dead, but still... you almost could've travelled through outerspace?!?! yes, there are some very interesting people in this world :)

    1:20 p.m.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home