this is where i hideout <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5825763?origin\x3dhttp://matthutchings.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

uber mich:

name: matt hutchings
alter: 26
position: yellowknife, nt
besetzung: musician


matty

(my music is here)

Blogs I Read

  • Simon
  • Cameron
  • Ev(an)
  • Dana Barrand
  • Tansley

  • Music I Dig

  • Bella
  • Immaculate Machine
  • Sean Wesley Wood
  • Love and Mathematics
  • Skort
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Belle and Sebastian
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Destroyer
  • The New Pornographers

  • Alternative Media

  • Democracy Now!
  • The Independent
  • Rabble.ca
  • Guardian Unlimited

    Links

  • homestarrunner

    Archives

  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
  • 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
  • 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
  • 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

  • matty @ myspace

    Powered by Blogger

    Friday, April 08, 2005

    Ok I have to rant for a minute here. Yesterday, we had a big staff meeting at work in which they told us the dealership will be closed on August 1st, for good. That's it, nice having you around, now get lost. Ok fair enough. They weren't making much money selling Saabs, or Saturns for that matter. The thing I have a problem with is how they did it. First of all dragging us along for 4 months while negotiations were in limbo, without saying anything at all. Then, calling another meeting to tell us that we have a 50/50 chance of having a job. Then another saying this is your 3 month notice (so we don't have to pay you severance). Now I wasn't expecting anything for myself, because I've only been there 2 years, and I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. So whatever. Then today they had individual meetings with a few people (I left before mine) to tell them that they don't get severance, and they don't have a job to offer them elsewhere. There are a couple guys who have worked there for 20+ years. That hurts. Especially when you know that the Morreys are making about 8-10 million on the sale of that property. What's a few grand here and there? It's greed, and that's all there is to it. Bastards. I can't wait to get out of that place. I hate washing cars, and I hate working for a meager $1600 a month (after tax).

    That said, I'm pretty positive about the changes in the near future. I'm looking forward to going out on Saturday again and job-hunting. I'm going to hit up the swanky downtown hotels, as well as a few bars. I wouldn't mind working a couple jobs during the summer. I think eventually I'd like to open a restaurant/bar in Saskatoon, so service experience is always a good thing. And I like tips.

    Anyway, I can't wait till the job situation is figured out and I can stop thinking about it, and focus on cooler things. If there is anyone reading this from back home, I miss you like crazy. I really wish I could come out there for the summer and hang out. Maybe I will.

    1 Comments:
    Blogger Rylan Schultz said...

    DO IT Big guy

    2:41 a.m.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home