We played a show at the Lamplighter last night. I had a really good time. Saw some people I hadn't seen in awhile, that's always a good thing! It was quite late by the time we got on stage, which was too bad, but it was a blast anyway. And quite late as well by the time we got home! I was planning on going to the blood lab today to get some tests done, but couldn't drag myself out of bed after only 4 hours of sleep. I'm such an old man. 10 hours is just right.
So today Amelia made me this rad breakfast, consisting of grated potatoe patties, and some sort of veggie/egg combo, toast and grapefruit. It was excellent. I love breakfast. After that, on the way to drop her off at home (via bus), I noticed a garage sale right by our place and decided that I should drop by there on the way back. So I fought the temptation to continue on downtown after Amelia went home, and headed back toward Coquitlam. Upon arrival at the sale, I saw 3 pieces of audio equipment, a dual tape deck, a cd player, and an EQ, on sale for 10 bucks each. I asked the guy if he'd give me a deal and he said I could take all 3 for ten. And they're fairly new looking, and work great. I'm so pumped. Now I can listen to CD's in my room, and make mixtapes. And EQ stuff. Yes!
So that's what I'm doing. Making a mixtape. I did side B first. Here it is:
Spacehog- In the Meantime
Metric- Soft Rock Star
Strokes- Hard to Explain
Tegan and Sara- More for Me
Stars- Elevator Love Letter
Stevie Wonder- Superstition
Transistor Sound and Lighting- Elegy for Peaches
Matty- Stuart and James (yes I put me on the tape)
Belle and Sebastian- Like Dylan in the Movies
Beulah- Emma Blowgun's Last Stand
Yo la Tengo- Nowhere Near
There's not really any theme here, just going with whatever pops into my head. Alrighty, off to update the Bella website.

Post a Comment
<< Home