this is where i hideout <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5825763?origin\x3dhttp://matthutchings.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

uber mich:

name: matt hutchings
alter: 26
position: yellowknife, nt
besetzung: musician


matty

(my music is here)

Blogs I Read

  • Simon
  • Cameron
  • Ev(an)
  • Dana Barrand
  • Tansley

  • Music I Dig

  • Bella
  • Immaculate Machine
  • Sean Wesley Wood
  • Love and Mathematics
  • Skort
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Belle and Sebastian
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Destroyer
  • The New Pornographers

  • Alternative Media

  • Democracy Now!
  • The Independent
  • Rabble.ca
  • Guardian Unlimited

    Links

  • homestarrunner

    Archives

  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
  • 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
  • 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
  • 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

  • matty @ myspace

    Powered by Blogger

    Sunday, July 03, 2005

    I'd like to buy/find a piano. If anyone has an old antiquesque piano they are looking to get rid of for cheap, let me know. I am interested. It all comes down to this:

    All the songs I have ever recorded have fake (sampled) drums. And I can't stand that. So, the only way I'll be happy with my music is if I learn to play drums and then record drums and work from there. It will mean scrapping pretty much everything I've done up until this point. Moving along, after the drums are done, I have some ideas for piano parts, and I really don't see the album being done without piano. So I need a piano. And it would fit so nicely in my room. Granted, all the parts I have are in my head and I don't really know how to play the thing properly. That will take a little bit to figure out I'm sure. After that comes guitar, and then keyboards, and then vocals. Then I'll be on my way. So that is my quest.

    1. Drums
    2. Piano
    3. Guitar
    4. Keys
    5. Vocals
    6. Other
    7. Mixing
    8. Mastering
    9. Duplication
    10. Distribution

    A simple, 10 step process. I've been talking about it for years, and now it's time to get started. For real. The greater part of the album is going to consist of songs under 2 minutes. There may be a few epic 3-4 minute songs thrown in for fun. We'll see. There should be about 20 if everything goes as planned. I'll keep you posted. I also need a moniker, if anyone should have any good ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

    2 Comments:
    Blogger Rylan Schultz said...

    ok i know this is totally crude and is in no way helpful to your quest but obvioulsy my mind is tainted because i had to double take on your list and then I realized Im just sick. To me it looked something like this...
    ..8.mastering
    ..9.duplication
    .10.distribution
    .11.masterbation

    Ok I know totally for no reason but I figured Id share it because hey I thought it was funny... Actually I do have a suggestion... I have all those things, come record with me!

    12:14 a.m.

     
    Blogger matty said...

    That is funny Rylan. And it's funny because it is probably true. As for your suggestion, I would, but 80% of the fun is in the recording, so I'd like to do that myself. Thanks for the offer though, someday we'll work on a project together.

    And Simon, I remember gnomeweaver, it is a good name. I'll mull over it for awhile. I wouldn't want to use it though just in case we ever get back together.....we could do a name change! And a World Tour!

    12:47 a.m.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home