this is where i hideout <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5825763?origin\x3dhttp://matthutchings.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

uber mich:

name: matt hutchings
alter: 26
position: yellowknife, nt
besetzung: musician


matty

(my music is here)

Blogs I Read

  • Simon
  • Cameron
  • Ev(an)
  • Dana Barrand
  • Tansley

  • Music I Dig

  • Bella
  • Immaculate Machine
  • Sean Wesley Wood
  • Love and Mathematics
  • Skort
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Belle and Sebastian
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Destroyer
  • The New Pornographers

  • Alternative Media

  • Democracy Now!
  • The Independent
  • Rabble.ca
  • Guardian Unlimited

    Links

  • homestarrunner

    Archives

  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
  • 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
  • 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
  • 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

  • matty @ myspace

    Powered by Blogger

    Saturday, September 03, 2005

    So it's been quite awhile since I wrote last. My life lately has been a whirlwind of change. I feel like a revolving door as far as work goes. I've found another job, yet again. Yep, I gave my 1 week notice to Grouse Mountian as of today, and I'll be starting at Barnes Wheaton GM on Tuesday next week. Why would I go back to working at a car dealership after working on a mountian, you might ask. The mountian was great, but the commute was awful, and the hours (waking at 4:30am) were just a bit too much for me, with working two jobs. So it happened that my the old parts manager from Morrey Saturn called me up saying he knew of a job opening at GM. I went in to talk to him and they were hiring for a 9:30-6 shift in the service department, washing cars, ya da ya da. I said I couldn't do that shift because I wanted to keep working at Greyhound. He said he'd look into it and see what he could do. So I got a call the next day from him, Paul, saying he had a job for me. I went in yesterday to meet with him, and it worked out perfectly. I'm actually working for the sales department, taking care of the new cars/trucks, which is way easier than cleaning old vehicles. And the hours are sweet. Tuesday to Friday I'll work 9am-4pm, and then at Greyhound from 4:30pm-8pm. The beauty of this arrangement is that the two places are less than a block away from eachother, and I live 2.5 km from them both!! This means I can wake up at 8:30am, walk to work, and after that, walk half a block to my other job, and walk home. Perfect. No more $200/month gas bill. Anyway enough about work.

    Except for this. Here's a cute little story. So I was walking thru the Chalet at Grouse Mountian two days ago, and lo and behold, a grouse is walking nonchalantly across the floor, inside. No one had noticed it yet, but obviously it had to be taken outside. Up to the challenge, I walked toward it slowly, and it scurried away, flying up onto the sign above the coffee bar. I shood it off that, and into a corner near the front doors. There, expertly, I calmed it down and picked it up, taking it out the doors and into safety. It reminded me of my chicken picking days.

    That is all for now, and I'll try to keep on top of this better, seeing as now my days will be shorter and hopefully I won't be quite as tired. Love you all,

    2 Comments:
    Blogger Janelle said...

    hey matt - just wanted to let you know that i've added you to my favorites list - i hope that's alrite! have a great day!

    7:57 p.m.

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like grouses. Greese? Anyways-cute story.

    Your 'other' little sister. (Ash)

    3:11 a.m.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home