Ahh the week is over. I had to stand outside in the rain for way too many hours this week. I hate being wet. Especially wet feet. Once my feet get wet, I'm as good as done until they dry up. I really should have bought some rainboots. This is why I need an office job. Or any ol' inside job.
I've been thinking lately about what to do about work. You see, I had to quit Barnes Wheaton because Bella is going on tour, and then in December, Greyhound wants me to work full-time, and the pay is much better. So originally I had asked them for a leave of absence, but because I've only been there for 2 months or so, the union wouldn't let me. Stupid union.
Anyway, I may be able to go back in January if my position is still open, and if not, I need to look for something else........again. It seems I've been job-hunting for half a year. And this brings me to what I've been thinking about. I'm in a hole right now. I really don't have any other option than to get a lousy low paying job and keep working. Why is this you may ask? It's because I never went to school when I was younger, then I racked up some credit card debt, and now I'm working to pay it off before I can afford to go back to school (which I decided that I intend on doing, eventually).
Grrrr. This situation, though I try to hide it, really bothers me. I can stand doing a job I hate, as long as it pays well. I can stand doing a job I like that doesn't pay so well too. But when both things aren't there, I'm just not the same person. My personality changes and I get grumpy and irritable. I don't like that about myself, but it's true.
So listen up kids, go to school. Learn how to do something, anything.
Other than work, things are going pretty well. Bella's making progress, going on tour, etc... We're writing more songs and that's awesome. I've been doing some work on my own side project, which is also turning out well. My ladyfriend is amazing, although she's leaving me for a month to travel around Europe (lucky girl). I have a pretty rad living arrangment, a great roomate, and food in the fridge. So things aren't that bad really. It's just work.
Alrighty, well it's Saturday and I told myself that today I'd clean the house. So I should do that before it becomes the evening and I get to rent movies and hang out with Amelia. Later y'all.

Post a Comment
<< Home