this is where i hideout <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5825763?origin\x3dhttp://matthutchings.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

uber mich:

name: matt hutchings
alter: 26
position: yellowknife, nt
besetzung: musician


matty

(my music is here)

Blogs I Read

  • Simon
  • Cameron
  • Ev(an)
  • Dana Barrand
  • Tansley

  • Music I Dig

  • Bella
  • Immaculate Machine
  • Sean Wesley Wood
  • Love and Mathematics
  • Skort
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Belle and Sebastian
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Destroyer
  • The New Pornographers

  • Alternative Media

  • Democracy Now!
  • The Independent
  • Rabble.ca
  • Guardian Unlimited

    Links

  • homestarrunner

    Archives

  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
  • 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
  • 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
  • 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

  • matty @ myspace

    Powered by Blogger

    Saturday, November 26, 2005

    So, it's been awhile. Alot has happened in the last couple weeks, and it's too daunting a task to write about it all.

    Firstly, we went on tour. It was a blast. The driving thru blizzards, ice, and fog on three hours of sleep part sucked, but the shows were fun. It was soo good to be able to see so many people that I love. I only wish the visits could have been longer. Saskatoon was by far my favorite show....re-enforcing my belief that Saskatoon people are the best. And by Saskatoon, I really mean all of Saskatchewan. Damn I love the prairies.

    We picked up Simon in Calgary and he came along for the rest of the trip, and then stayed with us in Coquitlam for the week. Man I love that guy. We had a great time, rode the bus alot, went to Victoria, went hiking, ate out, and played some music. I could write forever about this week, but I'm just not that motivated. Anyway, it was awesome.

    Last night we played a show at Richards on Richards. It's probably the second largest live music venue in Vancouver (besides GM Place, of course). We were slated to open up for the Organ, and a band called Endurance. Load in was at 6pm, and the doors were supposed to open at 7, us on at 7:15. It was an early show because they turn the place into a hoochie bar after 10:30. Well for starters, 1 hour is not enough time to load in, set up, and soundcheck 3 bands. Usually they start around 3pm. So, I had my doubts about things right off the bat.

    The Organ finished up sound check, took their stuff off the stage, and then it was time for us to rush and set up, so we could start playing on time. Well, we never even had a sound check. The guy who was doing sound checked the keys and the drum machine and that was it. So whatever, we started playing the first song. It went ok, except that the sound on stage was probably the worst we've ever had. I start singing the second song by myself, and then the band kicks in on the second verse. Enter extremely loud feedback. I had to stop playing and cover my ears. Ditto for the rest of the house. We tried the song twice, and it happened both times. Well, the soundguy is running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off, not knowing what the hell is going on, so he says we'll take 5. Ok fine. So we stand up there, looking like idiots while he figures out what's feeding back. Finds the problem and we're back on. I, and I think the rest of the band, are a little flustered by the whole incident, and the next few songs are pretty sloppy. By the end we had it back together, but man, what a show! There were a few people there, and we still got a few compliments and whatnot, but everyone knew that the sound guy did a terrible job, so as not to blame it on us.

    Needless to say, our experiences at Richards have been less than good. I got to talk briefly with the ladies from the Organ after the show, and I must say, very nice people. You should check them out, here.

    1 Comments:
    Blogger Cameron said...

    Yup, I concur, Saskatchewan people are by far the coolest people ever. Mmm, and damn did that Richard's show suck. Worst set I've ever played in my life. Did you hear that extra crap I was throwing into Kimchi because I was trying to cover my tracks? Uggh.

    1:52 a.m.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home