this is where i hideout <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5825763?origin\x3dhttp://matthutchings.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

uber mich:

name: matt hutchings
alter: 26
position: yellowknife, nt
besetzung: musician


matty

(my music is here)

Blogs I Read

  • Simon
  • Cameron
  • Ev(an)
  • Dana Barrand
  • Tansley

  • Music I Dig

  • Bella
  • Immaculate Machine
  • Sean Wesley Wood
  • Love and Mathematics
  • Skort
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Belle and Sebastian
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Destroyer
  • The New Pornographers

  • Alternative Media

  • Democracy Now!
  • The Independent
  • Rabble.ca
  • Guardian Unlimited

    Links

  • homestarrunner

    Archives

  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
  • 09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
  • 10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
  • 05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

  • matty @ myspace

    Powered by Blogger

    Friday, November 11, 2005

    So, I've had an interesting past couple days. As some of you may know, it was my birthday on Tuesday, and I'm now 24 years old. My day started off fine, except for the working in the rain bit, it was ok. Then on my lunchbreak, I decided to go to the bank and deposit a couple cheques. This is normally and easy task, drop the cheques in, and leave. But this time, after each time I tried, the machine said "Transaction is not valid". Hmmm. So I went into the bank and asked the teller if they were having trouble with the machine. She said they hadn't, and got her manager. Her manager informed me that the credit unions in Alberta and Saskatchewan had changed their system so that I could no longer deposit cheques thru a BC ATM. Well, that left me kinda hooped.

    So I decided that I would just open an account with them, so at least I'd be able to cash the cheques. This was all going fine, until the account lady came back and told me that according the my credit history I couldn't be approved for a chequing account. I was confused as to why this would be. I've never missed a payment in my life! Granted, I am on a Debt Management Program with a company called National Credit Counsellors of Canada. That means that I pay these people a monthly payment, and they are supposed to forward that money in the appropriate amounts, to the appropriate creditors. Well, according to the report, I've missed several payments, and two of the accounts have even written off the balances! All of this happening, of course, in the last year, while I've been on the program with NCCC.

    So folks, it seems to me as I've been ripped off. I wouldn't hesitate to call it fraud. I can't even get a freaking chequing account! Goodness. So I'm going to order a copy of my credit report for myself, and call each of the individual credit cards to confirm all of this, as well as contacting NCCC to see what they have to say. I really hope it gets fixed in one way or the other. I feel really angry, not so much about the money, but the fact that I trusted them, and signed a contract, and they didn't keep it.

    Anyway enough complaining. After that all happened, I had to run around and do some errands before birthday dinner with Amelia. We went to Sammy J. Peppers and had steak. It was great. And now she's in London, in Europe for the whole month. Lucky girl (love ya).

    We played a show at the Mesa Luna last night, and it was amazing. Thanks to everyone who came out! Sooooo much fun. All three bands before us were awesome, and the crowd was dancing, it was great. Here's a photo of Cam and I (thanks Juanita):



    So we leave on tour this Saturday, playing in Kelowna that night, and then on to Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary and Edmonton. I'm excited. I'll keep you posted on all the fun as it happens!

    Love,

    2 Comments:
    Blogger Janelle said...

    happy birthday Matt! sorry all that crap happened to you...i just hate anything to do with money & oweing anyone money...that sucks. hope your tour goes well - you must be excited about S'toon! can't wait to hear about it.

    2:12 p.m.

     
    Blogger chicken soup. said...

    geez, that whole credit issue is horrible, and makes me hate financial matters even more. (i'm currently broke right now, so money and i aren't on good terms).

    anyhow, i'm glad that picture's gone to good use. plus you two are looking pretty spiffy.

    mmm, that's about it! have a awesome tour :)

    - juanita

    8:02 p.m.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home