
Credit to Brendan for that picture. Hilarious.
Here are my (brief) thoughts on the election:
Conservatives: I won't vote for them because I don't believe in joining up the the US Missile Defence Program. I also don't think we should change our gay-marriage laws, or legislate against abortion (even though I think it's a horrible option, but it's up to the individual, not the government). I also think that politics and religion should be kept very seperate. It seems to me that there are more than a handfull of Conservative candidates who believe otherwise.
Liberals: I won't vote for them because they have royally screwed up their finances, run a horrible campain, not to mention the internal issues within the party. If there is ever going to be another successful Liberal government, the party needs to unite behind a new leader. And they need to clean up their act.
NDP: I won't vote for them because I really don't like Jack Layton's mustache. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against mustaches, but I just don't think it suits him. If he can't even see the problems on his own face, how well could he run a country?
Independant: I don't vote for independants because I don't know them personally.
So, I'm left with the Green Party. I actually did some research, read the platform, and listened to Jim Harris give a speech. I'm quite impressed. They're not just a bunch of hippies anymore. He had some really good things to say. So I'm quite confident and proud to say that I'm voting Green because I really believe that they have some really good ideas, and even if they don't get any seats, every vote counts for a bit of money for the next election. That's my bit.

Good thoughts Matt. I agree. I may vote Green myself, not because I would want them in power, but because a few of them in parliament would be good for the country. Plus, with every vote, they get more money to run campaigns next time, and maybe develop a more comprehensive platform in the future.
2:09 p.m.
From you:
"I also don't think we should change our gay-marriage laws, or legislate against abortion."
From the Globe and Mail, Jan. 11, 2006:
"A resolution adopted at a party convention in Montreal last winter stated that a Conservative government would not support abortion legislation.
William Stairs, a spokesman for Conservative Leader Stephen Harper, said yesterday that he doesn't know how his party could make its stand against abortion legislation more clear.
'The bottom line remains that a Conservative government won't support abortion legislation,' Mr. Stairs said. 'If a Conservative government won't support it, I don't see it going anywhere.'"
Just FYI.
11:15 a.m.
Yes, well that's their official stance. But my point is that I don't trust their official stance.
4:47 p.m.
Well then there's really to reason to believe anyone ... I guess ...
2:26 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home