You know, I tried to write a bunch of stuff just now, to figure it out. And I'm come to a conclusion. I don't know what the hell is going on, and I'd better get used to it, cause it seems life is just like that.
It doesn't make any sense at the emotional level. And I learnt my lesson once that turning off the emotion tap is a bad idea. It makes you into a nasty person. So I refuse to do that. But then what am I supposed to do with all this emotion? I have no outlet. And even if I had an outlet, I'm not sure I want certain emotions to disappear. Some things I don't want to forget.
So way back when the Rubik's cube first came out, they gave a bunch of them to some kids to see what happened. Surprisingly, the children were able to complete the task in a matter of minutes, compared to adults who would take hours, some of them not figuring it out at all. The kids were somehow able to see the solution. They were thinking outside the box.
I don't like boxes. I think that's the problem I have with any sort of organized religion. It puts your thinking into a box. There are certain things that happened no matter what, and if you think otherwise, you're wrong. There are guidelines, rules, and sins. What if we made all that up?
How does this apply to my origional point you may wonder. Yes, well, I'm trying to think outside the box and figure this all out. That's my point. And it's not working. That's my other point. Maybe it's not supposed to work. Maybe we aren't supposed to figure it out. Maybe we're just supposed to live and experience for the sole purpose of living and experiencing. How can you know love if you've never known hate? How can you know joy if you've never known pain and suffering?
What happens when we've experienced everything? Does the soul enter a state of just knowing? Just being? Maybe that's heaven. I don't know anything anymore.

You are incredibly insightful. You should become a “double threat” and become a rock star/novel writer (if you are not already).
(myspace directed me here)
6:07 p.m.
don't become a german nihilist. also, check out my brand new blog.
adragonneedsroom@blogspot.com
6:22 p.m.
Hey Matt, just wanted to encourage you to keep "thinking outside the box" There are a lot of Christians that feel that we need to have it all together and discourage the pursuit of asking questions about God, and what happens to us after death. The reality though, is we have pews full of people with questions, doubts, etc but are too scared to move beyond pat answers and Jesus loves you. I'd encourage you to pick up the Psalms and check out David's life and writings. He was a man with a lot of questions and doubts about God... Perhaps there are things that we just can't know for certain. But that shouldn’t stop us from asking the questions. A great book to check out is The Myth of Certainty by Daniel Taylor. Helpful as we wrestle through our questions about faith and God. Anyway that turned out longer than I expected. Really all I wanted to say is, I applauded you for the guts to ask the tough questions, and wish you good luck on the journey!
Nate
12:56 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home