I'm listening to the new Destroyer album right now. Good stuff. Go check it out.
So, Bella went to Toronto this weekend for Canadian Music Week. I must say it was an amazingly good time. I got into town on Friday at about 9pm. Met up with Char, Tiff, and Cam at the hotel, and proceeded directly out the door to party it up with our free passes! So that was fun, drank too much, went to bed late, woke up late. On Saturday, we went pretty much straight to the club for load in at 5pm. Turns out the email was wrong, and we had to wait around for a couple hours. The club we were playing at was called Healey's. Turns out that Healey's is owned by the Canadian guitar legend, Jeff Healey. He also happened to be playing with his jazz band that afternoon. Man, that was amazing to watch. He's been blind since age 1, and plays the guitar flat on his lap. Incredible.
So we drove around for an hour or so trying to find parking, and then walked down Queen Street, checking out the shops and such. I went back to the club early and watched some more jazz. So we shared this TINY dressing room with 4 other bands, and got to meet a few cool people before the show. Ben Rogers (www.benrogers.ca), played before us, very cool guy. He let me borrow his tuner pedal.
As for the show, it was one of my favorites. The sound was great, the place was packed, and the crowd was really into it. We even had dancers come up on stage for Crystal Tears, except all but 2 got kicked off by the club. Party poopers.
After the show, we got to meet a bunch of people, all of whom were very nice to us. So we stuck around the club for awhile, and then us, some friends and some fans, all went to this place called the Boat. There was a "band" "playing" "music" there. They were awful. So then after they were done there was some dance music and we danced.
Then we went to Sneaky D's. There was food and good conversation. All in all we got back to the hotel around 6am, and I had to take the 8am shuttle to the airport.
It was a great weekend, although I would have liked to stay longer. There was a certain person there that I could have talked to for a few more hours. I'll post some pictures when I get some.

Good call on the new Destroyer. I dig as well. So even with all of the good times in Bella, you still want to move to Sask? I guess there are more factors to consider. Hope the transition goes well
10:14 p.m.
incredibly jealous i am for you going to MY TORONTO...!!! :P
i shall show you when you get back in april..
--r
8:36 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home