I wrote this on a scrap of paper awhile ago, and thought it was worth thinking about:
"Because of our limited knowledge of God, we could be eternally discovering new aspects of Him, and though He may never change, to us it could appear as just that."
This came from reading about religous history and the way that all religions have changed, even if slightly over the course of many years. Religions have to change, or they die. But does God change? I don't really think that He does. But He's so infinite, that there's no way we could ever understand all of Him at once. At least that's how I see it.
Expanding on this....maybe different religions have been able to understand certain parts of God. I don't think any religion is perfect, and maybe there's a bit of truth in them all.
Anyway. I'm going to Amigo's on Friday night to see Junior Pantherz and Deep Dark Woods. Y'all should come along.

Thanks for the thought provoking quote. Some of my thoughts that arise - When we base our understanding of truth purely on our own reason, it feels safe and secure for a time, but ultimately becomes shaky ground. It's really scary to trust a God who we don't completely understand when we can't fully reason out what we've experienced of Him. But faith in a God who is so much bigger than I am and than what I can understand is beautiful. And our God who reveals Himself is the only one who can satisfy our thirst for stability and truth, something that we can count on in life.
Sarah
6:16 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home