So last night on CBC Radio Three, they did a special on the music of Daniel Johnston. I'm ashamed to say that I only recently discovered this man a few months ago while watching his DVD called the Devil and Daniel Johnston. You just have to listen to his music. He's one of the most inspiring songwriters I've come across. There is something about the music that is so open, honest and just in your face. He doesn't hide his soul from the world, however troubled it may be. He doesn't censor himself for fear of what people might think of him. It just all comes out as is. I wish that I could be like that.
In other news, it's freaking cold in my basement suite right now, as has been the custom for my entire stay thus far. If it's hot outside, the a/c is too high, if it's cold outside, the heat is too low. I'm doomed to shiver up and die down here.
I worked a 16 hour shift last night because my truck broke down in Regina, again. So I had 9 hours off and I'm going back to work another 12. And then another 8 off and another 12. Yikes. This has been a rough week. Time to make some dinner and hit the road, Jack.

Post a Comment
<< Home